(Revamped 11/16/17- added several new video clippings, conference recordings, and interviews.)
Disclaimer: It is important to note that consulting with your doctor/physician should take precedence and come first when deciding upon treating any ailment or disease. Additionally, research into cannabis, while the field is indeed growing, is still limited and the need for clinical trials and experiments is a topic that society needs to collectively address. Proper and effective dosing, for example, is a facet of medical marijuana that has been difficult to establish due to restrictions our governments have in place.The potential for cannabis’ ability to save lives is one that cannot be overlooked, but unfortunately still needs to be intensively studied.
The following is a collection of research literature, resources, documentaries, interviews, and lecture clippings regarding the Endocannabinoid System and Cannabinoids contained in cannabis. The material below explains the science behind how marijuana is able to cure or treat so many diseases and ailments.
List of conditions treatable with cannabis by medicalmarijuana.com
Introduction to the Endocannabinoid System article on NORML.
The Endocannabinoid System as an Emerging Target of Pharmacotherapy. 2006 Medical Study published at Pharmacological Reviews.
The Endocannabinoid System: An Osteopathic Perspective. 2008 Medical Study published at The Journal of American Osteopathic Association.
Enodcannabinoid system: An overview of it’s potential in current medical practice. 2009 Medical study published at the US National Library of Medicine and National Institutes of Health.
The Endocannabinoid system: an overview. 2012 Medical study published at the US National Library of Medicine and National Institutes of Health.
Endocannabinoid System article on wikipedia.
Scholarly Articles and Medical Studies:
- Evolutionary origins of the endocannabinoid system. 2006 ScienceDirect.com
- Review on clinical studies with cannabis and cannabinoids 2005-2009. 2010 DrugText.org
- The mechanism of action of cannabis and cannabinoids. 2006 Europe PubMed Central
- Metatropic glutamate receptors drive the endocannabinoid system in hippocampus. 2001 Europe PubMed Central.
- Presence and regulation of the endocannabinoid system in human dendritic cells. 2002 Wiley Online Library.
- Cannabinoid receptors: a brief history and “what’s hot.” 2009 Europe PubMed Central.
- Phylogenomic and chemotaxonomic analysis of the endocannabinoid system. 2004 ScienceDirect.com
- Expressions of the endocannabinoid system in fibroblasts and myofascial tissues. 2008 ScienceDirect.com
- The expression of receptors for endocannabinoids in human and rodent skeletal muscle. 2007 ScienceDirect.com
Videos on the Endocannabinoid System
Understanding the Endocannabinoid System (1h and 30 min)
Extensive discussion on the Endocannabinoid System sponsored by the National Institute on Drug Abuse at the MJNeuroSummit. Speakers include Benjamin Cravatt, Ph.D ; Ken Mackie, M.D. ; and Daniele Piomelli, Ph.D.
Co published on youtube by the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) and the National Institute of Health (NIH).
Dr. Raphael Mechoulam on the endocannabinoid system (20 min)
Dr Mechoulam, considered the grandfather of cannabis research (he discovered THC in the 60s), discusses the Endocannabinoid System and some of the various biological functions related to it. From an interview with MedicalMarijuana411.com
Posted on youtube by Indicating Medical Marijuana.
Your Endocannabinoid System Explained (3 min)
Video by Dr. Dustin Sulak from Healer.com. He is known for providing medical cannabis education to various communities. He gives you a concise explanation of the ECS.
Posted on youtube by Healer.com
Cannabinoid Profiles – THC, THCA, THCV, CBD, CBG, CBN, CBC, and Terpenes (38 min)
Overview of the major known Cannabinoids and their therapeutic effects. Video provided by SC Laborartories and Weedmaps.
Uploaded on youtube by PlantofRenown
The Endocannabinoid System in Health and Disease Part 1 of 2 (52 min)
2016 Discussion by the renowned Dr Ethan B Russo who has been studying cannabis, it’s therapeutic effects, and the endocannabinoid system for more than a decade.
Uploaded by Headband Harvest.
The Endocannabinoid System in Health and Disease Part 2 of 2 (1h and 7 min)
2016 Continued discussion by the renowned Dr Ethan B Russo who has been studying cannabis, it’s therapeutic effects, and the Endocannabinoid System for more than a decade.
Uploaded by Headband Harvest.
Overview of the Endocannabinoid System: Vincenzo DiMarzo (20 min)
Recording from the 7th Patients Out of Time Conference (2012) in Tucson, AZ. Dr Vincenzo DiMarzo, MD from Italy gives a lengthy lecture on the Endocannabinoid System.
Uploaded by CannabisPatientNet
Dr. Mark Ware on the Endocannabinoid System (18 min)
Dr. Mark Ware, executive director of the Canadian Consortium for the Investigation of Cannabinoids (CCIC) gives a lecture on the Endocannabinoid System.
Posted on youtube by Medical Cannabis TV.
Exploring the Endocannabinoid System (3 min)
A short introduction into the Endocannabinoid system.
Posted on youtube by WeGotaFBpageToo
Health Benefits of Cannabis – Cannabinoid Science and Research (10 min)
Slide show presentation on the Endocannabinoid System and how it works. Also a list of submitted US patents on cannabinoids and abstracts on those patents. (Yes the federal government has been submitting patents on marijuana for quite some time…).
Posted on Youtube by Green Buddha.
Cannabasics – The Endocannabinoid System
Nice overview of the endocannabinoid system. Easy to understand and quick documentary.
Posted on youtube by Nyishar.
How Cannabinoids Cause Cancer Cells to Die (8 min)
Short interview with biochemist Dennis Hill who cured his own prostate cancer with cannabis. He does an amazing job of explaining how cannabinoids work on a cellular level.
Posted on youtube by VitoTums.
Cannabinoids And The Reason Why The Establishment Hates Them, Dr Bob Melamede 30 Aug 2013 (1h and 30 min)
Webcast interview with Dr. Bob Melamede on the endocannabinoid system. From the Vincent Eastwood webshow.
Posted on youtube by Vincent Eastwood.
It is important to note that a lot more research into the Endocannabinoid System (ECS) and Cannabinoids are still being done. With that said, please continue to do your own research as well – google “cannabis cures cancer,” “marijuana cure,” “cannabinoids;” try looking up individuals who have success stories with cannabis; try speaking to professionals within the medical marijuana industry. Again the best research are the ones you do for yourself.
- Cannabis Cures Cancer (cannajournal.com)
- Cannabinoids (docksidecoop.wordpress.com)
- Cannabis Science: How Marijuana Affects Health (topdocumentaryfilms.com)
- New Study Finds Cannabinoids Are Involved In Regulating Bladder Function (maxmaheu.wordpress.com)
- The Endocannabinoid System and How THC Effects Cancer (420smokersblog.com)
- The Endocannabinoid System (maribelquinones.wordpress.com)
- Pushing 80 and given two weeks to live, dying patient cures herself using cannabis (undergroundhealth.com)
- Introduction to the Endocannabinoid System (emeraldwellnesscoop.wordpress.com)
- HOW Hemp Cures Cancer & WHY Most Don’t Know (humansarefree.com)
- The Top 10 Studies Of 2013 Proving The Medicinal Power Of Cannabis (collective-evolution.com)