(Revamped and updated 11/19/2017).
Disclaimer: It is important to note that consulting with your doctor/physician should take precedence and come first when deciding upon treating any ailment or disease. Additionally, research into cannabis, while the field is indeed growing, is still limited and the need for clinical trials and experiments is a topic that society needs to collectively address. Proper and effective dosing, for example, is a facet of medical marijuana that has been difficult to establish due to restrictions our governments have in place.The potential for cannabis’ ability to save lives is one that cannot be overlooked, but unfortunately still needs to be intensively studied.
The following is a collection of news articles, research literature, peer reviewed medical studies, resources, documentaries, interviews, and lecture clippings discussing cannabis as a medicine for treating Arthritis.
Medical Marijuana for Arthritis Treatment and Arthritis Pain. medicalmarijuana.net
Does Marijuana Help Arthritis? May 2012 article on TheWeedBlog.com
Marijuana for Arthritis Pain: New Study Explains Why Dec. 2013 article on blog.sfgate.com
Medical Marijuana for Arthritis Pain Nov. 2012 article on disabled-world.com
Rheumatoid arthritis, cannabis based medicine eases pain and suppresses disease. Nov. 2005 article on medicalnewstoday.com
Treating Pain With Medical Marijuana May 2013 article on arthritistoday.org
Scholarly Articles and Medical Studies:
- Preliminary assessment of the efficacy, tolerability and safety of a cannabis-based medicine (Sativex) in the treatment of pain caused by rheumatoid arthritis. Jan 2006 US National Library of Medicine
- Cannabinoinds in the management of difficult to treat pain. Feb 2008 US National Library of Medicine
- Cannabinoid CB2 Receptors Regulate Central Sensitization and Pain Responses Associated with Osteoarthritis of the Knee Joint. Nov 2013 PlosOne.org
- The nonpsychoactive cannabis constituent cannabidiol is an oral anti-arthritic therapeutic in murine collagen-induced arthritis. Aug 2000 US National Library of Medicine
- Characterisation of the cannabinoid receptor system in synovial tissue and fluid in patients with osteaoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. Apr 2008 US National Library of Medicine
- Cannabinoids for treatment of chronic non-cancer pain; a systematic review of randomized trials. Nov 2011 US National Library of Medicine
Arthritis and Medical Cannabis
Quick 1 1/2 minute interview with medical doctor Mark Rabe regarding using medical marijuana for arthritis.
Found on the youtube channel SmokeMarijuanaAK47
Rheumatoid Arthritis and Cannabis: Marena Collins of MO 2007
Medical Marijuana patient Marena Collins describes her experience with treating her Rheumatoid Arthritis with cannabis.
Found on the youtube channel CannabisPatientNet
How to Make Cannabis Arthritis Balm (Organic Pain Cream)
Tutorial on how to make your own Arthritis balm out of cannabis. Cannabis topical creams have been known to and are currently used to treat: skin cancers such as melanoma, psoriasis, minor burns, fibromyalgyia, arthritis, and virtually any inflammatory pain of the skin or joints.
Found on the youtube channel GrowGreenerGuru
Medical Cannabis: What People With Arthritis Need to Know (4 min)
Dr Jason McDougal, PhD and chair member of The Arthritis Society discusses cannabis as a viable treatment for Arthritis.
Posted on youtube by The Arthritis Society.
Rheumatoid Arthritis patient explains How Cannabis Benefits his Life!!
Medical marijuana patient explains how he uses cannabis to treat his rheumatoid arthritis.
Found on the youtube channel FreeMJ7779
Rheumatoid Arthritis and Cannabis: Eric DeWolf of MO 2010
Medical marijuana patient Eric DeWolf describes his experience with treating his Rheumatoid Arthritis with cannabis.
Found on the youtube channel CannabisPatientNet
Juicing Cannabis Leaves – Arthritis Pain Control and Healing
Juiced cannabis youtube channel discusses how to juice cannabis leaves alongside lettuce and vegetables.
Found on the youtube channel Juiced Cannabis
It is important to note that THC, CBD, and many of the other chemical constituents of cannabis are effective for treating virtually any type of inflammatory and neuropathic pain. It can be used for gout, carpal tunnel syndrome, shingles and sores, muscle spasms, injuries, post surgery recovery, even general aches and pains such as those that arise from “working out too hard.”
The cannabis plant is a powerful analgesic that is far safer than any prescription medication out there or any over the counter pain killer for that matter. An estimated 106,000 Americans die from prescription medicine each year, and approximately every 19 minutes, someone overdoses on prescription drugs. It is always important to remember that Cannabis/Marijuana has never killed anyone, period. There are literally no known deaths attributed to cannabis consumption alone (yes this includes auto-accidents).
Once again, please share, like, leave a comment, but most importantly, research the subject of cannabis for yourself and for those close to you. It is an underestimated and effective medicine that is capable of not only curing cancer, but in curing or treating so many other diseases that most prescription drugs only offer some semblance of pain relief for (to which marijuana is more than likely more effective). If you or someone you know has any kind of debilitating or serious ailment, simply google, “Cannabis and [insert ailment]” and see for yourself what you can find.
Although ignorance may be bliss, it sure as hell can hurt you and the people close to you.
Thank you as always for taking the time to visit and read these entries.
- Cannabis Cures Cancer (cannajournal.com)
- An Overview of the Endocannabinoid System and Cannabinoids (How Cannabis Cures Cancer) (cannajournal.com)
- Consuming Raw Cannabis to Cure Cancer – Cannabis as a plant and vegetable. (You don’t get “high”) (cannajournal.com)
- Top Ten Cannabis Studies of 2013 (talesfromthelou.wordpress.com)
- Cannabinoid Primer Pt 1 – THC (docksidecoop.wordpress.com)
- Spain Study Confirms Hemp Oil Cures Cancer w/o Side Effects: Who Is Trying To Patent Marijuana? (truedemocracyparty.net)
- Cannabinoid Science – A Path Towards Optimum Health (alternativenewsalert.com
- The Contemporary Rise of Cannabis: Understanding the Chemistry Behind It (bcachemistry.wordpress.com)