*(Updated and Revamped 11/21/2017)
Disclaimer: It is important to note that consulting with your doctor/physician should take precedence and come first when deciding upon treating any ailment or disease. Additionally, research into cannabis, while the field is indeed growing, is still limited and the need for clinical trials and experiments is a topic that society needs to collectively address. Proper and effective dosing, for example, is a facet of medical marijuana that has been difficult to establish due to restrictions our governments have in place.The potential for cannabis’ ability to save lives is one that cannot be overlooked, but unfortunately still needs to be intensively studied.
The following is a collection of news articles, research literature, peer reviewed medical studies, resources, documentaries, interviews, and lecture clippings discussing cannabis as a medicine for treating Multiple Sclerosis.
Chemicals in marijuana ‘protect nervous system’ against MS – Oct 2013 article on medicalnewstoday.com
Marijuana Extract Relieves Multiple Sclerosis Symptoms – Oct 2012 article on medicalnewstoday.com
Study Confirms: Marijuana Helps With Multiple Sclerosis – Nov 2013 article on tokesignals.com
Mutiple Sclerosis – Page on norml.org
Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Symptom Treatment with Medical Marijuana – page on medicalmarijuana.net
Scholarly Articles and Medical Studies:
- Cannabis for Multiple Sclerosis – 2002 study found on Practical Neurology
- The Perceived Effects of Smoked Cannabis on Patients with Multiple Sclerosis – 1997 study found on Karger.com
- Randomized, controlled trial of cannabis-based medicine in central pain in multiple sclerosis – Sep 2005 study on neurology.org
- Do cannabis-based medicinal extracts have general or specific effects on symptoms in multiple sclerosis? A double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled study on 160 patients – Aug 2004 study on Multiple Sclerosis Journal
- Long-term use of a cannabis-based medicine in the treatment of spasticity and other symptoms in multiple sclerosis – Sep 2006 study on Multiple Sclerosis Journal
- The therapeutic potential of cannabis in multiple sclerosis – Apr 2003 study on informahealthcare.com
- An open-label pilot study of cannabis-based extracts for bladder dysfunction in advanced multiple sclerosis – Aug 2004 study on Multiple Sclerosis Journal
- Cannabinoids control spasticity and tremor in a multiple sclerosis model – Jan 2000 study on nature.com
Montel Williams Uses Marijuana To Save His Life from MS – Multiple Sclerosis (5 min)
Talk show host Montel Williams discusses his use of medical marijuana to treat his multiple sclerosis. Montel Williams gives a very informative rundown on cannabis – a short history and how he uses it medicinally.
Posted on youtube by MarijuanaCommunity
Can Marijuana Help Multiple Sclerosis | Marijuana (3 min)
M.D Sunil Kumar Aggarwal, Ph.D. provides medical information on the efficacy of cannabis for MS.
Posted on youtube by Howcast
Multiple Sclerosis & Medical Cannabis, Denis Petro, MD (15 min)
MD Dr. Denis Petro gives a lecture at the 2004 Cannabis Therapeutics Conference; here he discusses the history of medical marijuana use in MS and spasticity.
Posted on youtube by cannabistherapeutics
Multiple Sclerosis and Medical Cannabis, with Jim Miller (10 min)
Husband of MS patient Cheryl Miller, Jim tells their story of love, suffering and activism, from first learning of marijuana’s efficacy to pressuring members of Congress.
Posted on youtube by cannabistherapeutics
Marijuana & Multiple Sclerosis (4 min)
Clip from the documentary, “The Union – The Business Behind Getting High”
Highlighted is an interview with Greg Cooper, an MS patient who uses medical marijuana for his tremors and shaking.
Posted on youtube by James Pope Show
Rick Simpson Oil made a MASSIVE difference to my Multiple Sclerosis
Medical Marijuana user Clark French gives a speech on how cannabis was able to give him back his ability to walk.
Posted on youtube by Rick Simpson Phoenix Tears
Medical Marijuana – Multiple Sclerosis (UK) – Cannabis Medicine (9 min)
News piece from a British Network that covers the story of Sarah Martin – an MS patient who consumes cannabis illegally to manage her pain.
Posted on youtube by hampapartiet
Tracey – Multiple Sclerosis and Medical Marijuana (3 min)
Interview with M.S. patient Tracey. Here she gives her description of how medical marijuana helps her in her daily life.
Posted on youtube by Sam Sabzehzar
Multiple Sclerosis, Medical Marijuana and Me (3 1/2 min)
Medical Marijuana patient describes her personal journey with MS and Medical Marijuana. She was able to turn her life around and maintain a heavily active lifestyle by using cannabis – further proving that marijuana does not make you lazy and useless.
Posted on youtube by ElkRiverVideo
Cannabinoids and Multiple Sclerosis – Cannabis Research (4 min 20 sec)
Found on the youtube channel Medicinal Marijuana Uses
Exhaustive list of medical research related to cannabinoids, multiple sclerosis, and other diseases and ailments.
Cruel Treatment of Medical Marijuana Patient (3 min)
An Okanagan care home resident with full body paralysis was confined to his bed against his will after his wheelchair was confiscated for a week – all because he smokes medical marijuana to relieve his Multiple Sclerosis.
Posted on youtube by Cannabis Culture
That last video was included to illustrate how ignorance of true facts about cannabis and prohibition can hurt innocent individuals.
It is important to remember that only 20 states in America have allowed for medical marijuana; 2 have legalized it for recreational use at the time of this writing. This list of countries where cannabis is legal further illustrates that it is still criminalized throughout most of the world. Despite the growing number of medical studies (that have been going on since the 1960s), legalization and cultural acceptance of the most beneficial natural substance known to man – cannabis is slow and is often faced with ridiculous political obstacles.
If the material on this site, and the research that you can find on your own through simple google searches are not enough to convince you of the medical efficacies and need of marijuana throughout the world, then you cannot be helped and you have consigned yourself to continuing in believing a lie.
Please understand that there are countless individuals out there, you possibly included, that could seriously benefit from the consumption of cannabis – you don’t even have to smoke it or get high from it! It is a far better medicine than prescription medications, and far safer than even over the counter medicines.
As always, please like, leave a comment, share, but most importantly, spread the word and discuss cannabis with your friends and family. Legalization, whether full or even just medical, is something that can’t come sooner, but needs to be realized worldwide. Humanity does itself a grave disservice by not taking advantage of the cannabis plant.
- Cannabis Cures Cancer (cannajournal.com)
- Cannabinoids Can Treat Multiple Sclerosis Better Than Pharmaceuticals (theweedblog.com)
- Legislation To Legalize Medical Marijuana Filed In Tennessee (theweedblog.com)
- Cannabis for treating Parkinson’s Disease (cannajournal.com)
- Multiple Sclerosis Drugs Market Report – Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2012 – 2018 (sbwire.com)
- Multiple Sclerosis Research: Epilepsy and MS (asha4ms.wordpress.com)
- How ‘Sunshine Vitamin’ D May Be Helpful in Fighting Multiple Sclerosis (hopkinsmedicine.org)
- National MS Society Blog: Multiple Sclerosis Symptoms and Winter Weather (asha4ms.wordpress.com)
- Symptoms and Treatment Options for Multiple Sclerosis Tinnitus (healing.answers.com)
- Common Lab Tests Undergone by Multiple Sclerosis Patients (healing.answers.com)